Challenge # 19 - Special Event - Samantha

Monday, March 21, 2011 2 comments
Whoops!  Sorry I am late in submitting my post for Challenge #19.

I chose to show my support for the cancer society of New Zealand this year by participating in an event called The Relay for Life. 

This event is a walking event and this is the first year I have been part of it.  The Relay is a walk around a circular track, it starts on a Saturday afternoon and finishes at the next day, people of all ages and walks of life participate and dress up there were fairy's, power rangers and even Fred Flintstone. 

The idea is to get sponsorship for how many laps you can walk in this time.  I was walking with the Franklin County News team and I did a 2 hour walk starting at 5am.  It really was a lot of fun, there were so many people out walking and the quiet of the morning was really relaxing, I even got to see the sun rise!

Here are a couple of photos I got on the Saturday afternoon.  The people with yellow T-shirts on are cancer survivor's.






2 comments: